Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's happening?
As I start this blog I am coming to the end of a day filled with hope. I know... cheesy right? But truth be told, JESUS ROCKS!
Curious? Its been a dreary, crappy, rainy day, I'm still dealing with the impacts of my knee surgery and truth be told I'm exhausted. The hope starts after Physical Therapy. I headed to the Taterhouse to hang out with Steve and call AAA for his poor car who's tire exploded and and starter died two days apart from each other last week. So its been sitting dead since Saturday and we've been sharing a car while living at two different houses. Its been difficult. While eating dinner with the Tate's, the tow truck showed up and Steve went out to meet him.... 10 minutes and one large battery charger later, THE CAR STARTS!!! Tow truck man - Greg - said it needed a new battery immediately. So we had planned for a solid $3-400 for a new starter, and after heading to Autozone for 10 minutes, a new battery and installation was only $82!!!! I mean come on, how do you not get excited by that happening.
Then... thanks to our wonderful friends at the Pie Hole, Josh found out about a Part-time opening for Steve to interview for. Steve sent his resume over and was planning to go have lunch at the office to try and get his foot in the door. Now thanks to a wonderful phone call today, he is interviewing for a FULL-TIME job on Friday morning!!!!
A fixed car for 1/3 than expected, and an interview for a full-time job in one day?! God really does want us to get married :)


What am I learning?
Today I'm learning that it is when we are down and out that God chooses to work in us the best. Yes, I have learned this many times before, but God never fails to remind me of this fact. And never fails to put me in a place where I am uncomfortable. Its weird, between Steve and I, I'm always the one who has to know whats going on and what is coming next. Steve is much better at going with the flow and letting God work. And I'm really good at taking control, especially when I don't need to.... :) And at this point in time, Steve has an interview lined up, has new parts in his car, and has a better handle on things to come! I'm graduating in 2 days with my Bachelors in Art Education, I don't have a job, and I'm going to try to sub which is not really a set-in-stone plan. So my world will be turned upside down in two days, I won't be a college student anymore, I won't have a job, and we don't know where we're living after we get married! But I know a few things.... I am getting married to Steve whom I love, I know that we are absolutely blessed by the friends who let us live with them, I know that his car getting fixed and the interview are a huge blessing, and I know that we have parents, family, and friends who have undoubtedly supported us through our entire relationship. And I know we have a God who loves and provides for us. And right now... that is more than enough.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley - I am so thrilled I came across your new blog (found it on your facebook)! I LOVE what you have shared and I praise God with you for how he has provided for you guys! "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord..." -- what a blessed truth to trust in! Stay encouraged!

    ReplyDelete