Monday, July 6, 2009

“For weddings and a funeral.” Pt. 2

Trait '08 Wedding - Steve was in it, I was Kait's lackey for the day :)
Our wedding!! Come on, just try and tell me we're not cute!!


In contrast to my last post, I am also an expert wedding goer. My large family and friend base has provided me multiple opportunities a year to perfect my wedding etiquette.

This year is a slow year for me. Besides our wedding in January, we currently only have 2 weddings to attend. Over the last three years, I have added an extra couple weddings each year on account of photographing them. In stark contrast to attending funerals, I quite enjoy attending weddings. I love seeing THE DRESS, the color palette, the table details, the ceremony structure, the bridal party outfits, the jewelry, the food, the dancing… etc. I love it. I think if I weren’t in Art Education I would have potential to be a wedding planner. Maybe I’ll attempt it at some point in my life! Of course I was more than excited to plan our own wedding; I loved every minute of the planning and the day itself. (Okay, maybe I wasn’t a huge fan of stuffing and sending invitations, or doing the seating chart…) Either way, if you want to invite someone to your wedding who will provide pure excitement, I’m your girl!

I have been to my variety of weddings as well… catholic mass, non-denominational, inside in a church, hotel, and building, outside at a conservatory and camp, afternoon start, and evening start…etc. I’ve even watched a live streaming video of a cousin’s wedding in Las Vegas. I’m ready for just about any wedding situation you can throw at me.

I know which outfits are my wedding outfits… which mainly consist of dresses, but occasionally I’ll throw a skirt or two in. I have tricks to make sure my dresses stay comfortable all day as well. I have the heels I can stay in all day and night which work equally well for sitting in a pew and dancing the night away. I have certain gifts I usually go for on the registry, and have some gift ideas stowed away in case I need to create something on my own.

Steve and I have even started a game in which we try to predict different things throughout the night – Wedding Betting! For instance… guessing if 1 Corinthians 13, Genesis, or Ephesians will be read during the ceremony. Other categories include but are not limited to… food served at the reception, first dance song, and getaway car. It’s a fun game, I suggest you play with us or play it on your own when you attend weddings!

Whatever the case may be… We do a good job of having fun at weddings. I’ll never be the sloppy drunk friend at your wedding, but I’ll toast a few to you. I may not dance to every song, but I dance til my heart is content. I won’t object during the ceremony, but I may shed a tear or two. And I may not always be sitting in the front few pews, but wherever I sit I’ll sit with my wedding knowledge in hand next to my support for your marriage. Let me know if you need anything.

2 comments:

  1. love your blog ashley! I added you to my list so I can check on your cute pictures and awesome writing! You are one neat girlie! and an amazing writer by the way!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was from the mitch that is jenny:)

    ReplyDelete