Friday, July 24, 2009

SYTYCD

In case you don't watch So You Think You Can Dance... you're seriously missing out. And you don't even have to love dance. A piece last night (see video #1) danced by Melissa and Ade, and choreographed by Tyce Diorio was the most amazing thing ever. It is about a friend of Tyce's who is currently battling Breast Cancer and it was impossible to keep from crying while watching it. Especially when thinking about my mom.

This is a show that not only teaches about dance and inspires so many to dance for the first time, keep dancing, or come back to dance. It also speaks to issues in our world today. This season, Addiction was also touched on (video #2). Choreographed by my favorite choreographer ever, Mia Michaels, and danced by Kayla and Kupono. Video #3 is one of my favorite of the season, also by Mia Michaels (go figure), danced by Randi and Evan, and is about nothing else by Randi's butt! Its just a fun, incredibly original piece. After that is a piece from this week by Laurieann Gibson, danced by Jeanine and Brandon about love and being soldiers in war. Jeanine and Brandon are amazing and I couldn't help putting it in. Lastly... is my favorite dance of all time on this show. Season 3, danced by Lacey and Neil, and - sorry - choreographed by Mia again. This one is about Mia losing her dad to cancer and meeting him in heaven. It is simply amazing.

In any case... watch one video, watch all 5, but I just had to express my love for dance, and the amazingness of this show. If there was one thing from my past that I desperately wish I still did, it is dance, easily. Anyway, enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment