Wednesday, April 22, 2009

H-A-N-G-M-A-N





I have the most ridiculous sub job ever right now!!! Currently, me and 3 other subs are Supervising students who are on breaks from proficiency testing. Basically - we're babysitters... students come in to the library to take breaks from their tests or who are exempt from testing to read, play games, work on homework...etc. Anything quiet. So its pretty mundane. Most periods of the day there are less than 10 students in here, so its pretty quiet, and we've got an easy handle on the students. Monday, during 4th period a bunch of 6th graders ended up in here and reminded me of why middle school students are my least favorite age!
I have this job for 5 days, M-W-F-M-W - its nice that students get a break day in between testing now. I know I could have used that when I was testing! Students come and go, teachers come down and drop students off and pick them up again.
I made the mistake Monday of not bringing a book with me, and there's only so much I can do on the computer that the district does not restrict.
So I'm spending a lot of time playing games with students such as Battleship, Hangman, and Sorry. I'm an expert Battleship player... fyi!

No comments:

Post a Comment