Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hey, random! Meet my brain!

Subbing day again... I'm finding these are the best days for me to post, because more often then not, I have a planning period with nothing to do, or classes in which students are just watching a movie/working on projects/doing busy work. Today is the first job I've received through being a preferred sub. All it means is that I get to see jobs first from the teachers who have me on their preferred list before the rest of the teachers in the system get to see it. Its pretty sweet, I actually got called directly about it last night. The teacher I'm subbing for is pretty cool as is his wife who I've gotten to work with through subbing. Its fun because I see a LOT of lacrosse girls today, and I enjoy the classes I'll teach. The reason I see so many girls is because they all are in love with the teacher I'm subbing for so they have signed up for his class specifically, and all know where to find me! (My cheek itches right now and I can't get it to stop... stupid allergies...)

This is a busy week, which means my brain is on overdrive with lots of random thoughts! Here goes...

In Jesus: Steve and I had an incredibly blessed weekend Easter weekend. We were able to go to Columbus for the day Saturday to spend time with my brother and parents, and Sunday after Mosaic (which rocked) we went to Cleveland to be with Steve's family... and while I don't want to detail them all, Steve and I were seriously stunned by the amount of surprise blessings that came our way over the weekend. Jesus is good... our friends and family are amazing... to say the least...

In lacrosse: Our girls play Stow this Wednesday which is a HUGE game!!! Steve's mom is going to come watch which is sweet, as are best friends Tiara and Megan. And we head to Columbus Saturday for the Hannigan Galipault Tournament which can basically guarantee crappy weather and surprising wins for many at the tourny. Its fun because I played in the tourny all through High School and for the 5th year now get to be a coach.

In friends: Tiara is coming to town!!! Besty and MOH comes to town tonight to stay until Thursday and will officially be our first house/apartment guest! I'm pumped to spend time with her and am so excited she'll be at our game as well.

In work: Monday - babysit, Tuesday - sub, Wednesday - sub, Thursday - babysit, Friday - sub! Busy, busy, busy... but on the tail of multiple "disagreements" about finances between Steve and I, I can't help but see my busy schedule as God's way of providing.

In marriage: Not so busy, but very blessed and overwhelmed. And we get a few date nights in a row... crazy! That never happens! Last night we went to see the movie "Adventureland" at the theater which has Bargain Movie Mondays! ($5 tickets which include a free small popcorn!) It was a sweet movie... and kind of representative of Steve and I. The main dude was a kind of nerdy romantic, the main girl Steve described as artsy, and they end up in NYC which is one of our new favorite places. (Disclaimer.... I cannot relate to the big flub-up the girl has in the movie! But I won't give it away here...)

Other ridiculously random thoughts in my head...
  • In the first period class today (in my room, different teacher) there was a kid who looked exactly like a kid named Ross who went to my high school. It was flippin weird! Naturally I had to text Jenna and share with someone who would understand. If I could have taken a picture to show how freaky alike they looked without being a creeper I would have.
  • Chalk Holders... have you seen these? The little containers that the chalk slides into so you can just hold the plastic container when writing on the board and not get chalk all over your hands? They're not new by any means... I remember asking my mom to take me to the teacher store when I was younger to buy them because I thought they were awesome. I also had a pen which could be pulled out into a pointer. With random things like this in my possession why did I ever doubt I was supposed to be a teacher??!??!
  • Shane & Shane: Big fan of these guys... even more so lately. Thanks to pandora (Steve and I are slightly obsessed) I can type in Shane & Shane and have an entire "radio station" made of all music that sounds like these guys. Thank you Pandora for feeding my growing fascination with these musicians. New favorite song? "Beg" by these guys.
For now... thats my random. So as to not make this post 500 feet long, I'm gonna do another one that will be shorter about something completely different. I'm excited for lunch today... I made a huge batch of Hot Chicken Sandwiches last week and get excited every day when I realize I still have some left that I can heat up for lunch! That's a big 'ol WOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment