Monday, May 18, 2009

Tales of a 3rd Grade Nothing...

Its freezing in this classroom. My hands are frozen, I can barely type on here or on my phone to text, and I look like a mean teacher because I can barely stand to uncross my arms from my chest! And I'm wearing a long dress (which basically doubles as a blanket) with a cardigan over it and I'm still freezing. Its warmer outside.

Oh yeah, I'm a 3rd grade teacher today. Some of my students are really cute, some.... are ridiculous. And some are two-faced!!! Thankfully, praise the Lord (!), I have an aide in the room with me to work with a couple students. She's my saving grace right now!! Also... my teaching skills really aren't wrapped around 3rd grade math/science/social studies/spelling. Sure I know all the answers, teaching it is a different story! 3rd grade art I've got in the bag. Hmm... time to go pick the kiddos up from Music class. Math, then lunch (yesssssss) which I unfortunately have to share with some 3rd graders who didn't get their work done.

This makes me PUMPED for Grove School and my own art classroom with high school students... still can't believe its in Connecticut.

No comments:

Post a Comment